We are pleased to announce that we recently delivered a bespoke course on engineering geology for a large consultancy. Targeted at civil engineering graduates, the course focused on developing their understanding of geology and its significance in geotechnical engineering. It was delivered in an interactive, workshops style and covered aspects such as:
- fundamental geological concepts
- understanding geological maps
- practical exercises on developing ground models and cross sections
- an overview of the geology of the British Isles
- hazards and risks presented by the major geological units in the UK.
The course was very well received and all delegates felt they had significantly deepened their knowledge and appreciation. If you have a group of people needing training in this or any other skill area then contact us to discuss how we may be able to design a course to suit your needs and add value to your service provision.