With the application window for the Spring 2019 Professional Review session with the ICE now closed, we wish all candidates every success. By this stage you will be in the final stages of your preparations, which will include revision and refresher reading as well as preparing for your interview.
As a long-standing reviewer for the ICE, our Dr Andy Goodwin provides his 6 top tips to help you prepare below:
- Read your draft Professional Report again and again, and get others to read it too (they will read what it actually says…)
- Ensure your report addresses all of the required attributes in a well-balanced way; try marking in the margins of a draft which attribute each paragraph relates too and tally them up
- Practice your presentation, to yourself and others, to ensure when under pressure you stay within the time limit
- Read through your quarterly reports and other records of your experience, to refresh your memory and identify good examples of how you have achieved each sub-attribute
- Revise your knowledge and understanding of all things civils related
- Practice your interview skills
As you prepare you may find some gaps in your understanding, or feel you are in need of some refresher training. If so, we offer a wide range of courses may assist you. Our top recommendations are:
- The ICE Professional Review – Preparing for the Interview on 19 February and 5 March; each course is strictly limited to a maximum of 4 delegates, to maximise your learning opportunities
- Essentials of Project Management on 7 February
- Commercial and Contractual Awareness on 7 March
- Two half-day courses on the CDM Regulations 2015 on 12 March
If any of these courses are of interest then please contact us for details or to make a booking. Equally, if you want to know what other courses may assist you then feel free to contact us.