With the application window for the Spring 2020 Professional Review session with the ICE opening in January, those planning to apply will no doubt be planning for it already. This will include plenty of revision and refresher reading as well as preparing for your interview.
As a long-standing reviewer for the ICE, our Dr Andy Goodwin reminds you of his 6 top tips to help you prepare below:
- Read your draft Professional Report again and again, and get others to read it too (they will read what it actually says and read between the lines…)
- Ensure your report addresses all of the required attributes in a well-balanced way; try marking in the margins of a draft which attribute each paragraph relates to and tally them up
- Practice your presentation, to yourself and others, to ensure when under pressure you stay within the time limit
- Read through your quarterly reports and other records of your experience, to refresh your memory and identify good examples of how you have achieved each sub-attribute
- Revise your knowledge and understanding of all things civils related
- Practice your interview skills
As you prepare you may find some gaps in your understanding, or feel you are in need of some refresher training. If so, we offer a wide range of courses may assist you. Our top recommendations are:
- Two half-day courses on The ICE Professional Review – Overview and Preparation, and The Professional Report, on 15 October (discount for both courses)
- Commercial and Contractual Awareness on 19 November
- Two half-day courses on the CDM Regulations 2015 on 3 December (discount for both courses)
- The ICE Professional Review – Preparing for the Written Exercise on 10 December
If any of these courses are of interest then please contact us for details or to make a booking. Equally, if you want to know what other courses may assist you then feel free to contact us.