British Standards are always being reviewed and updated by the BSI. Keeping up to date with the developments is important for us all, so to assist our Clients we are pleased to advise that some of the British Standards commonly used by geotechnical engineers that are new or have been updated by the BSI are listed below:
- BS 1377-1: 2016 Methods of test for soils for civil engineering purposes. General requirements and sample preparation.
- BS 8006-1:2010+A1:2016 Code of practice for strengthened/reinforced soils and other fills.
- BS 8006-2:2011 Code of practice for strengthened/reinforced soils and other fills. Soil nail design.
- NA+A1:2016 to BS EN 1993-1-5:2006 UK National Annex to Eurocode 3. Design of steel structures. Plated structural elements.
- PD CEN/TR 16970:2016 Sustainability of construction works. Guidance for the implementation of EN 15804.
- BS 8500-1:2015+A1:2016 Concrete. Complimentary British Standard to BS EN 206. Method of specifying and guidance for the specifier.
- BS EN 13055:2016 Lightweight aggregates.
- BS 8006-2:2011 Code
In addition the following standards under review by the BSI are listed below:
- BS EN 1744-5:2006 3719: 2016 Tests for chemical properties of aggregates. Determination of acid soluble chloride salts.
- BS EN ISO 10321:2008 Geosynthetics. Tensile test for joints/seams by wide-width strip method
This listing is not comprehensive and readers are referred to the BSI both for further details of changes to standards and for purchase information.