You may be aware that the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 are expected to be replaced next year. The consultation document has now been released by the HSE and one of our specialist CDM and HSW tutors from Cummins PMS Limited has prepared a document summarising the key points that will be changing. This document may be found in full here but in essence the main points are:
1. Inclusion of domestic projects. (All domestic projects are currently excluded)
2. The removal of “competency” requirements and replacement with “appropriate skills”
3. Removal of CDM Co-ordinator role entirely.
4. Introduction of new role – “Principal Designer” (NB Not a direct swap with CDM-C!!!)
5. Removal of Approved Code of Practice to be replaced by guidance notes.
6. CDM Regs will apply in all cases where more than one designer/contractor involved.
7. F10 notification remains but additional requirement is for sites > 20 people involved.
We hope that you find this of interest, though obviously there is a health warning attached – the consultation process may change things again!
Published with the kind permission of Cummins PMS Ltd, a specialist civil engineering and building Project Management Company based in North Oxfordshire.